Monday, August 19, 2013

a very pretty quilt top

Pin It
My VIBees ladies made me these gorgeous blocks while I was pregnant with Scarlet, and I got them pieced in to most of a top this weekend.

My theme was "Bloom," and I had this quilt as one of my "If it's a girl" quilts (because we didn't peek at the ultrasound).

I'm trying to decide to leave it mostly as is, and use it in a little bed, or add a border so it would work on a twin bed.  I'm leaning towards the latter.

VIBees Bloom quilt top

A big thank you to Melissa, Amy, Rene, Natalia, Angela, Lynne, Krista, Corey, Katie, Meghan, Kelly, and Cherie! Scarlet already loves it. ♥

14 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

It looks so pretty all put together. I totally remember that block, so fun to see it all come together!

Auntie Pami said...

Wow! These came together so nicely. The colors just keep your eye moving!

Dani said...

Very pretty! I might lean towards a twin too, perhaps a bit more versatile? But pretty either way!

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Very pretty is an understatement! It is adorable and so cheery. I love love love it. Your fabrics are so happy.

Poppyprint said...

I love it!!! That's a quintessential bee quilt. I love how you've pieced the blocks together!

Little Miss Shabby said...

ooh Yes! I loved working on these blocks! That really was the perfect bee group of ladies! =) Your quilt top is beautiful! =)

Katy Cameron said...

Love the variety of flowers here :o)

VickiT said...

What a beautiful quilt.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Very pretty indeed! I love how some of the blocks are framed by patchwork and others have a simpler backing. Really lovely job!

Angela said...

so pretty! This is my second quilt I've looked at tonight with blocks made from old bees I was part of. I'm feeling all sentimental now. :)

Zuzug said...

It is the most beautiful quilt I´ve ever seen!!!
The colours are amazing. I love it!!!
Zuzana

Sarah said...

It's a beautiful quilt! I love everyone's different ideas for bloom, and the colours are gorgeous. No wonder Scarlet loves her big girl quilt!

Whit said...

That is the cutest quilt!! LOVE it!!

@pril said...

That is WAY GORGEOUS!

@pril
KoolBeenz Blog

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails